Thursday, March 7, 2013

Addis Ababa: First Impressions

Hey, I just got to my hotel in Addis Ababa. Let me back up though. I landed on time in Addis Ababa, and the stop in Sudan was about five minutes shorter than planned. I grabbed my carry-on, then rushed over to customs, again it didn't take too long because I was in first class. 


After leaving customs I went to the rental car center and picked up my adorable blue mini classic (kind of like an old fashion mini cooper). I then, typed in the address of my hotel and off I went. I am staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel penthouse suite. The hotel is so fancy and nice. I love the pool it is HUGE!!!!!

From what I've have seen of it. The city is actually pretty nice. It has its good parts and its bad parts just like any city, but still pretty nice. They have a ton of modern and chic buildings. The city also has some of those older parts of it with smaller houses and buildings.

Then the view off my balcony to the city is amazing! You can see everything. Its like I'm the queen of the world commanding over my subjects down below. I can see why they the "political capitol of Africa" I can see the Ethiopian Government buildings, and the historical buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment