Thursday, March 7, 2013

Simien Lodge

I left Bahir Dar in-style, I rode in a helicopter from a small heliport in Bahir Dar. I flew to my hotel The Simien Lodge(Africas highest hotel at 3260 m ) in the Simien National Park. On the first day I got up at three-forty five so that I could climb Ras Daschen the climb was not a walk in the park especially the last 100 m where I was lucky to have rock climbing experience or I would not have made it up to the top.

The wild life I saw on this trip was amazing! I saw Gelanda, Hyenas, Leopards, Walia Ibex, Tawney Eagles, Simien Wolf/Red Fox, Lammergayer, and Ankober Serin. You might not know what these animals are but trust me they are amazing and beautiful. It is wonderful to see them in their home, the wild, where they belong. Not some cage or "habitat" where all they do is follow the same boring routine every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment